Re: sqlplus startup command still looking for old spfile even after renaming the database

From: Subodh Deshpande <deshpande.subodh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 00:19:15 +0530

hi
when you are giving startup it will lokk for spfile at $ORACLE_HOME/dbs location only.
create pfile using spfile and start stop the datbase otherwise.and check check the path and SID it is pointing to in environment. have you put proper entry in oratab..
listener and tnsfiles has nothing to do with startup and shutdown..thanks..subodh

--
DO NOT FORGET TO SMILE TODAY