Re: High Availability Options

From: John Thompson <jhthomp_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 16:06:19 -0500

Hi Stefano,

Almost all of our implementations with this architecture is 10g databases being controlled by 11.1.0.7 CRS. We use a mixture of Sun 4150's and Dell 710's/910's. Reboot time for these servers is < 10 mins in all cases. We've been in this environment for about a year now and have had no issues with CRS bugs. It does take a more wide range of skill sets to implement and manage as we (the DBA team) basically control the whole environment. You need to be knowlegable about CRS, ASM, OCFS2. Also must have a high level of linux experience. Properly configured interconnects with bonding for redundancy is a must also. For us, this has been a big, big win with the cost savings.

John