Re: Recoverying a corrupted system tablespace without a backup

From: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 08:57:11 +0200

Kenneth,

a good starting point for block corruption is Handling Oracle Block Corruptions in Oracle7/8/8i/9i/10g/11g (Doc ID 28814.1) But I'm afraid, it will not help you too much in your current situation.

Can you please provide what state the instance is right now, and what are the error messages at your attempt to open the DB?

There are several methods - most of them can bring a DB up at least long enough to export everything which is not corrupted.

The only unloader I know about (except the one of oracle support) is from http://www.ora600.be/ [1]. But it's not free afaik.

regards,
 Martin

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 20:12, Kenneth Naim <kennethnaim_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> A client of mine has a dev database (10g on linux) that was never backed up
> and due to a controller issue has a corrupted system tablespace. DBV shows 8
> corrupted blocks. Is there a way to open the database just long enough to
> export some key tables with some important configuration data? All the
> tables are in one 2.1gb datafile without corrupted blocks. Are there any
> free/cheap unloader utilities?

[1] DISCLAIMER: no I am not nor was ever .... bla bla ...