Re: RMAN skip readonly

From: <Mayen.Shah_at_lazard.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 08:07:25 -0400

Amit,

You do not have to place tablespace in read only mode in order to skip during duplication.

During duplicate process simply mention which tablespaces need to be skipped.

This is what I have in my QA refresh script.

$ORACLE_HOME/bin/rman <<eof

connect target ..........
connect catalog ............
connect AUXILIARY .............

run {
set until ..............;

Duplicate target database to .................
  skip tablespace 'ARCH_TBS1','ARCH_TBS2'; }

eof

HTH

  • Mayen

From: "Amit Verma (IT - Otterbase)" <averma_at_bordersgroupinc.com> To: oracle-l <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Date: 10/18/2010 04:22 PM

Subject:        RMAN skip readonly
Sent by:        oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org

Hey guys,

I need to refresh a QA database from production with the exception of 2 archive tablespaces. These tablespaces were backed up in read-write mode from production and I am going to use that backup piece to restore and recover. Can I switch these 2 tablespaces to read only mode before issuing the duplicate db rman command and rman will skip these (using “skip readonly” ) OR do I need to first back these up as read only tablespaces for rman to skip these during the duplicate.

In other words, where does rman “skip readonly” command check for the status of the tablespace, current target database or the information in the rman catalog?

Thanks much.

Amit Verma