Re: 10.2.0.5 Grid Control on RHEL 5

From: Kellyn Pedersen <kjped1313_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 16:13:50 -0700 (PDT)

I have a "mental note" that I believe is based from conversations here in the
past that has made me decide to wait on any upgrade for the OEMGC to 11g.

There are a number of  *quirks*, (I won't call them *bugs* and Oracle will just
call them *features* anyway... :)) when I upgraded to 10.2.0.5 from 10.2.0.4-
many of them were not in areas I expected either, (you'd think MOS would have
been a clear indicator that Adobe Flash might not be such a good
idea for graphics with Oracle support... :D)
Folks-  correct me if I'm wrong-  I know there are a few of you out there with
11g OEMGC...

Kellyn Pedersen
Sr. Database Administrator
http://www.linkedin.com/in/kellynpedersen
www.dbakevlar.blogspot.com

________________________________
From: "Stephens, Chris" <Chris.Stephens_at_adm.com>
Sender: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 14:41:01 -0500
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org<oracle-l@freelists.org>
ReplyTo: Chris.Stephens_at_adm.com
Subject: 10.2.0.5 Grid Control on RHEL 5

If I’m reading MOS note 412431.1, then 11.2.0.1 is a supported database for the
10.2.0.5 GC repository.

Anyone see any problems with upgrading a repository database directly from
10.2.0.4 to 11.2.0.2?

Chris

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and
exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is
not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately by email reply.