Re: Zero Downtime Upgrade and Migration

From: Stefan Knecht <knecht.stefan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 16:36:24 +0200

Well yes, the client even went through and managed to find the same old hardware again to really get an exact copy set up to test the entire process with. Same old OS, same old unpatched Oracle versions, etc etc...

And in the end it payd off, as it allowed us to evade several catches.

I can only recommend anyone attempting to migrate a critical system to do this. It usually costs less than having a production outage (not to mention data loss) -- no matter what some quest consultants might suggest ;-)

Stefan P Knecht
CEO & Founder
s_at_10046.ch

10046 Consulting GmbH
Schwarzackerstrasse 29
CH-8304 Wallisellen
Switzerland

Phone +41-(0)8400-10046
Cell +41 (0) 79 571 36 27
info_at_10046.ch
http://www.10046.ch

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 4:16 PM, Goulet, Richard <Richard.Goulet_at_parexel.com