Re: Data Pump Question

From: Kellyn Pedersen <kjped1313_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 09:07:27 -0700 (PDT)

Since where I currently use datapump, I use an RMAN duplicate as a base, so exclude my tablespaces beforehand and have never tried it myself, but I do have examples of datapump scripts that simply state in the par file: EXCLUDE=TABLESPC_NAME /
EXCLUDE=TABLE:.... I say test it out, see if it works... :)

Kellyn Pedersen
Sr. Database Administrator
I-Behavior Inc.
http://www.linkedin.com/in/kellynpedersen www.dbakevlar.blogspot.com

"Go away before I replace you with a very small and efficient shell script..."

From: Goulet, Richard <Richard.Goulet_at_parexel.com> Subject: Data Pump Question
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Date: Tuesday, October 12, 2010, 9:44 AM

All,
        I've seen how to specify or ignore tables in the data pump API, which I prefer to the command line utility.  But does anyone know of how to ignore an entire tablespace??
Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA