Re: Extracting SQL from DBA_SOURCE

From: <TESTAJ3_at_nationwide.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 07:10:53 -0400

Ok if you are looking for dependencies then look in the dependencies view otherwise guess its a manual process, good luck

Joe
Sent from the crackberry, so please excuse the typos and terseness.

  • Original Message ----- From: "Scott Heisey" [oraracdba_at_yahoo.com] Sent: 10/11/2010 07:39 PM MST To: Joseph Testa; "'oracle-l'" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Cc: "'Jared Still'" <jkstill_at_gmail.com> Subject: RE: Extracting SQL from DBA_SOURCE

I don’t want the meta data SQL, I actually want the SQL inside the package.

 I want to suck the SQL statements out the package and throw away all the PL/SQL code. I would like see what SQL creates the object dependencies in the database.

Scott

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of TESTAJ3_at_nationwide.com Sent: Monday, October 11, 2010 6:05 PM
To: oraracdba; 'oracle-l'
Cc: 'Jared Still'
Subject: Re: Extracting SQL from DBA_SOURCE

U mean like using dbms metadata pkg?

  From: "Scott Heisey" [oraracdba_at_yahoo.com]   Sent: 10/11/2010 04:22 PM MST
  To: "'oracle-l'" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>   Cc: "'Jared Still'" <jkstill_at_gmail.com>   Subject: Extracting SQL from DBA_SOURCE

Has anyone created or know of any code that will extract the SQL from dba_source? My guess is probably do the complexity of extracting the SQL out of DBA_SOURCE but thought I would ask anyway.

Scott

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Oct 12 2010 - 06:10:53 CDT

Original text of this message