RE: Database migration between Windows Servers via. copying files

From: Uzzell, Stephan <SUzzell_at_MICROS.COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 09:57:43 -0400

Not sure about the OS changes - what impact they'll have. However, we've done a very similar procedure for moving from 32-bit 2003 to 64-bit 2003.

One word of warning - OLAP is bit-sensitive, so if you have OLAP, you'll need to drop and recreate it.

stephan

Stephan Uzzell | MICROS Systems, Inc.
Database Administrator - OPERA Global Technical Services 7031 Columbia Gateway Dr,  Columbia, MD  21046 | 7 443.285.8000x2760 |  443.285.6505