ora-3113 related to histograms? 11gr2

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 13:51:34 -0500

This one is really strange. We are running peoplesoft on Oracle 11Gr2 on Linux x86_64. Periodically we get ORA-3113 errors (network disconnect) from one of our queries running from the app server to the database. It appears to happen when histograms are not present on the table. When they are present, the problem rarely, if ever occurs. Can anyone give us idea why this may be happening? MOS noticed the correlation, but no one has figured out the cause, or a true fix. I am planning on setting _OPTIM_PEEK_USER_BINDS=FALSE and see what difference that makes, but best case, that would only keep the problem from happening, not show us a cause. We also get a ORA-3137 TTC protocol internal error, but that appears to be on the app server side caused by the ORA-3113.
--
Andrew W. Kerber