Doubt - Performance

From: Eriovaldo Andrietta <ecandrietta_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 21:34:46 -0300

Digite um texto ou endereço de um site ou traduza um documento.<http://translate.google.com.br/?tr=f&hl=pt-BR> Cancelar <http://translate.google.com.br/?tr=t&hl=pt-BR> Ouvir
Hello Friends,

I have an application that runs on Oracle database with Asp.net. A given situation need to do a select on the database and analyze the return.

If return = Ok , then the request is solved. If NOT Ok, have to do another and different select in the database and analyze the return.
if second return = OK, then the request is solved. if second return NOT OK, the application must call for a package in the database and this will definitely resolve the request.

Which of the two following solutions will have better performance to serve 50 users simultaneously.
The Asp.net server is installed on a SERVER1 and the Oracle database is installed on SERVER2.

1.) Call the first and the second sql statment via Asp.net and if the return is not OK, then call the package in order to solve the request,

or

2.) Call the package once and it will perform the first tentative, second tentative and then if necessary run routine final, solving the request.

I have in my mind that we need to consider the cost of net traffic when using the solution 1.
and in the solution 2, that the package will be loaded every time and all sql statment will be parsed.

Any idea about the best way to implement ?

Best Regards
Eriovaldo