Re: EM, capacity planning and monitoring

From: rjamya <rjamya_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 18:37:58 -0400

"tablespace free space monitoring is done i think once every 15 minutes only. It can be changed but that is the default. Unfortunately there is no canned report for that but what i have done (when encountered such requests), is to write sql and encapsulate that with some pre-set html and use Google visualization. problem solved.

Google visualization has on advantage over Google charts, no data is sent to servers but it is rendered in your browser only. For charts, their server caches data for some time. For datafile monitoring, I am sure you can add custom monitoring, it isn't very easy. But then again you have to ask yourself, why do you need minute-by-minute monitoring?

BTW there was a bug in dba_free_space (which oem uses) in 10202/10203 and a patch is available. Ensure it is applied so OEM can correctly identify free space.

Raj