Re: EM, capacity planning and monitoring

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 07:47:54 +0100

You don't mention what version, or storage allocation scheme you are using. It sounds a wee bit suspicious, recycle bin extents are free space, so they can be, and usually are, reallocated when more space is required. I could *imagine* a scenario where you effectively have fragmented free space though because none of the recycle bin objects have extents of the right size.

On 14 Sep 2010 06:49, "Stefano Cislaghi" <s.cislaghi_at_gmail.com> wrote:

Quite sure.... recyclebin was about 25gb, with thousands object. Statement

purge recyclebin

has taken about 8 hours to complete...
Maybe was so big that database got problems in deleting objects... there're no other reason for me....

ste

http://www.stefanocislaghi.eu