Re: setup lockedmem (max lock memory)???

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 07:08:22 -0700 (PDT)

Just add memlock to this file:

$ grep memlock /etc/security/limits.conf # - memlock - max locked-in-memory address space (KB) oracle soft memlock 8590000
oracle hard memlock 8590000

But if you use srvctl in 11g and want to use HugePages, due to Bug 9251136 (INSTANCE WILL NOT USE HUGEPAGE IF STARTED BY SRVCTL), you also need to add ulimit -l <number> to either $GRID_HOME/bin/ohasd or /etc/init.d/ohasd.

You can check the limit of a running process with command: grep "Max locked memory" /proc/<pid>/limits'

Yong Huang