RE: Recompile remote objs

From: Joe Smith <joe_dba_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 13:35:11 -0500

Yes,there are db links between the servers.

From: jkstill_at_gmail.com
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 08:53:35 -0700
Subject: Re: Recompile remote objs
To: joe_dba_at_hotmail.com
CC: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 7:09 AM, Joe Smith <joe_dba_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

I have a system that is deployed to the field. It is used by maintainers, not dbas. Say I have two servers A and B. The maintainers work on A that will access objects on B. The maintainers don’t access B directly. How do I tell them to run utlrp.sql ( or some other procedure ) to recompile on A but it also recompiles objects on B that A accesses.

What exactly does this bit mean: "The maintainers don’t access B directly." There must be some access created to B that allows them to compile any invalid procedures.

The most likely scenario seems to be a stored procedure on B, that can be accessed from A. If there are objects on B that are already accessed by B, there must be a database link of

some kind, implied or explicit.
From a session on A, the admin would just execute the remote stored procedure. Jared Still

Oracle Blog: http://jkstill.blogspot.com Home Page: http://jaredstill.com