RE: Oracle 11g and fine-grained invalidation

From: Michael Rosenblum <mrosenblum_at_dulcian.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 13:16:38 -0400

I just checked my 10.2.0.4 database for SYS.DEPENDENCY$.D_ATTRS - and looks like Oracle already started to use that column even in 10g and in my instance there are only the following values:

02,06,0E,1E,3E,7E,FE

It appears that the column represents references to synonyms (including Oracle's own, like, DUAL or USER_TABLES) by articulating whether you have %ROWTYPE reference, COUNT(*), explicit list of columns etc (btw, the list of values reminds me what we have in 11g after initial 8-byte type).

Michael Rosenblum

Dulcian Inc