Re: Upgrade 9 to 11 & Big Endian to Little Endian

From: <NORMANJ8_at_nationwide.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 22:36:35 -0400

You may want to research Oracle Goldengate.

John

From:
orcl <orcl_at_att.net>
To:
oracle-l <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>
Date:
09/02/2010 05:02 PM
Subject:
Upgrade 9 to 11 & Big Endian to Little Endian Sent by:
oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org

All - We have a bunch of databases on Solaris 9.2 (big endian) that need to be upgraded to 11.2 on Linux (little endian).

Since 9i doesn’t have an rman convert datafile, what are the options to make the move in one shot?

Im pretty sure imp/exp can do the smaller databases but most of them are large, so that won’t be an option.

I bet another suggestion is to upgrade first to 10... then use rman convert, I don’t think management will support a "two hop" upgrade. (double work, double outage, double testing)

Does anyone have firsthand experience of the hard and fast options for this situation?

I did some initial research and its all saying imp/exp or go to 10 first.

Im looking for other options. (if any)

Much Appreciated

Bob

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Sep 02 2010 - 21:36:35 CDT