Re: Upgrade 9 to 11 & Big Endian to Little Endian

From: orcl <orcl_at_att.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 21:10:38 -0400

Hi, we need as straightforward, (fewest moving parts) repeatable method to do this. So the mviews... and all that is going to be much too messy - we have about 50 databases > 500gb, the outage could be several hours... ie how fast files can be transferred across the network - ie as would the rman convert technology.

In the past we have done multi terabyte conversions - but the source databses we all 10g, now they want to do it from 9...

If it was a few databses then it could be more hands on method, but this is a larger scale.

Thanks
Bob