Re: application's raised error going to alert log

From: Nigel Thomas <nigel.cl.thomas_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 14:52:47 +0100

What error number is it using? I believe ORA-006xx errors get written to alert log more or less automatically (but you shouldn't be using them for user exceptions, which start at 20000).

You can trace errors by number eg (ref http://wiki.oracle.com/page/Events):

ALTER SESSION SET EVENTS='6502 trace name ERRORSTACK level 1'

will cause all 6502 errors to be caught and added to the process trace file (not the alert log though). And of course you could set this in the pfile/spfile rather than by session.

Regards Nigel