Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 14:16:31 -0400
FYI: I am not sure if it our security or not, but I am unable to receive output from the promotional video.
From: Mark Bobak [mailto:mark_at_bobak.net]
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 1:58 PM
To: Patterson, Joel; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: OpenWorld
Thanks for bringing that up, Joel.
As one of the co-directors of the MOTS event, I'm sure you'll understand my totally unbiased opinion on this subject. :-)
- We have 20+ speakers speaking in three tracks, over two days.
- All speakers are OakTable members, and many are also ACEs or ACE Directors.
- Ann Arbor in mid-September is beautiful
- If you play your cards right, you may be able to join us for the U of M football game at the Big House on the Saturday (the 18th) following the event.
- This is, by far, one of the the most cost effective events around. A two day, three-track event, with world class speakers, for $750 and hotel rates that are *much* lower than downtown SF.
See here for our promotional video:
See here for full details, including speaker list, complete agenda, costs, registration, etc:
(Fair warning, there have been a couple of late breaking agenda changes which are not yet reflected online. They should be available by tomorrow night at the latest.)
Hope to see everyone there!
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 1:34 PM
To: Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com; Oracle-L_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: OpenWorld
I am getting suggestions off line for Michigan Oak table conference as
well.... cheaper and one time, take openworld next chance. Might as
well include this in the discussion.
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 11:03 AM
There is an opportunity for training, offsite training also. I was
thinking OpenWorld could work just as well if not better. I need to
write up justification and benefits for the training. I will have to
look at MySQL here shortly I believe for backup/recovery.
Can anyone comment on whether OpenWorld would be just as good if not
better than a 'course' out there. (I have not really gotten what I
wanted out of a lot of courses at oracle itself).
If so, then why?
-- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l -- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l -- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-lReceived on Wed Aug 25 2010 - 13:16:31 CDT