Re: Materialized Views 9i vs 10g

From: Jeffrey Beckstrom <JBECKSTROM_at_gcrta.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 14:30:34 -0400

Didn't the default for MV change with 10g from doing a truncate to doing a delete?

Jeffrey Beckstrom
Database Administrator
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority 1240 W. 6th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113

>>> Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com> 8/19/10 1:58 PM >>>

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 8:47 AM, Chuck Boddy <Chuck.Boddy_at_gettyimages.com> wrote:

Hi,

I am taking Materialized Views that were initially built on a 9i database and rebuilding them on a 10g database – verbatim. I am noticing that the performance is noticeably degraded. Checked out the Explain Plan on 9i vs 10g for some the materialized views, and they would indicate that on 10g, the materialized views should at least perform the same OR performance should be approved. Any ideas would be appreciated.

What does performance mean?

Too long to apply changes?

Too long to select?

etc, etc, etc.