Re: Sharing

From: Jeremy Schneider <jeremy.schneider_at_ardentperf.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 11:16:32 -0500

Mike Killough wrote:

> 1) Multiple databases on 1 RAC.

Hmmm... seems that all this new 11.2 policy-managed stuff is quite useless if you only have one database on a RAC. So I think it's safe to say that Oracle is moving in the direction of multiple databases per cluster.

> 2) Multiple databases sharing the same ASM disk groups.

No deep thoughts here, though I would point out that multiple DGs is like having lots of tablespaces... without autoextend... better control, but lots more planning and management work. But sometimes a good idea.

--
http://www.ardentperf.com
+1 312-725-9249

Jeremy Schneider