Re: DataGuard Configuration in 10g

From: April Sims <sims_at_suu.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 07:34:51 -0600

Krishna,

I have tested this type of configuration but not in a production environment..see the following Document on MOS.

Data Guard Support for Heterogeneous Primary and Physical Standbys in Same Data Guard Configuration [ID 413484.1]

You will have to convert the word size to bring up a database (failover or switchover) from 32-bit to 64-bit or vice versa.

Changing between 32-bit and 64-bit Word Sizes [ID 62290.1]

April Sims
SELECT IOUG Contributing Editor
http://aprilcsims.wordpress.com
http://www.twitter.com/aprilcsims
Oracle Database 11g – Underground Advice for Database Administrators https://www.packtpub.com/oracle-11g-database-implementations-guide/book OCP 8i, 9i, 10g DBA
Southern Utah University
sims_at_suu.edu
940-484-4276

>>> KRISHNA MOORTHY <krish33moorthy_at_gmail.com> 8/17/2010 10:33 PM >>>
Hi All,
I have a doubt during the dataguard configuration in oracle 10g. 1) We have primary server which is 32 bit Linux OS and 32 bit databae server and standby server which is 64 bit Linux OS and 64 bit database server.By using this DG configuration will it work properly. 2) Generally Standby database in mount stage.Once switch over operation happened,Standby will become primary database.During this time wheteher we need to run catlog.sql and catproc.sql at the new primary server side..
Regards
Krishna