Mutating table: Re: is Oracle evil? About former Sun Open Source _at_Oracle

From: <Laimutis.Nedzinskas_at_seb.lt>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 09:30:27 +0300

>Toon Koppelaars <toon.koppelaars_at_rulegen.com>
>This makes me wonder then: how does PostgreSQL protect you from the
indeterministic behaviour that your code can experience when writing queries on the (mutating) table inside row triggers?

I knew someone must understand what this "imutable" property means. Can you explain in more details?
Is it because "statement level isolation" requires that trigger (which executes "inside" the statement) see rows as they are "before statement started"?