Drop a table with foreign key constraints

From: Octavian Rasnita <orasnita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 10:09:34 +0300

Hello,

I want to make some changes in a table, like changing the order and type of its columns, adding some new columns after or before some specified columns and so on, but I understood that this is not possible in Oracle without re-creating the table.

Because of this, I want to drop the current table and create a new one, but many other tables have foreign keys that depend on this table, so it can't be dropped easy.

I know that I could just use
drop table table_name cascade constraints; but this would drop all the constraints from those many tables and it would be hard to re-create them again (and I might miss some of them).

Is there a way of disabling all the constraints regarding the table that should be deleted, drop the table and then enable the constraints again in an easy way?

Thanks.

--

Octavian

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5324 (20100729) __________