RE: 11g AMM tmpfs vs hugepages for best overall performance

From: Crisler, Jon <Jon.Crisler_at_usi.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 19:51:47 -0400

Thanks- I saw this blog, but he does not have any performance conclusions on hugepages vs. 11g AMM for larger systems. On smaller, 32 bit systems there was no clear winner.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Crisler, Jon Sent: woensdag 21 juli 2010 18:03
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: RE: 11g AMM tmpfs vs hugepages for best overall performance

And a follow up question- if I implement a large /tmpfs - shm, I can still use choose to not use AMM and use hugepages, correct ?

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Crisler, Jon Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 11:57 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

Which is better for performance on large Red Hat 5 systems (64gb+ memory, 8+ cpu's) -  using 10g style shm settings and hugepages, OR the newer 11g Automatic Memory Manager (which does not support hugepages).

The system I am building is a 6 node 11g R1 RAC, memory somewhere between 64gb and 256gb (not sure yet), 8 cpu per node.  This machine will support a huge workload.
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Jul 22 2010 - 18:51:47 CDT

Original text of this message