RE: Mutiple sessions for Managed Recovery Oracle10gr2

From: Mohammad Rafiq <rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 10:35:02 -0400

Thanks Chandra. Jaffar suggested another solution which looks good.

Regards

Rafiq

From: chandra_pabba_at_verizon.net
To: rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: Mutiple sessions for Managed Recovery Oracle10gr2 Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 09:19:47 -0500

In a RAC standby environment, only one instance can be involved in redo apply process.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Mohammad Rafiq Sent: Monday, July 19, 2010 8:44 AM
To: oracle list
Subject: Mutiple sessions for Managed Recovery Oracle10gr2

Oracle 10gr2 - Linux 64 - 4 Nodes Rac Cluster

Is it possible to start managed recovery sessions from all standby nodes to expedite recovery of standby to sync with production. We are far behind in recovery as log shipping stopped/hanged and we have to restart prod and standby nodes after getting production down time approval last evening. The logs accumulated due adding partionioning on prod during weekend.

did googled and searched on MOS but not much help.

Any solution / pointer / guidance shall be appreciated.

Regards
Rafiq

Hotmail is redefining busy with tools for the New Busy. Get more from your inbox. http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_2