OEM and HPServiceGuard

From: Walker, Jed S <Jed_Walker_at_cable.comcast.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 06:13:50 -0600

Does anyone have experience with using OEM and HPServiceGuard?

We have OEMGC in place, but we have many systems that use HPServiceGuard for failover. The problem is that OEM deals with the physical server address and not the virtual address. This morning we had a server fail. ServiceGuard automatically failed over to another server and the listener, databases, and OEM agent all came up quickly on the new server and we were back in action without any need to touch things. That is, except for OEM, which kept spitting out alerts that the listener and db were down even though they weren't (any more, just on another server in the cluster). I thought I could reconfigure them to point to the new server (or preferably the virtual host name) but couldn't. I finally had to put the original server in blackout and now will have to figure out why the agent on the new server isn't reporting in to the repository.

Thanks for any help,

Jed.