Re: E-Business suite on Oracle VM

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 18:58:18 +0100

I'll try again. Licensing for E-biz works like this.
  1. vanilla product, no tech license required.
  2. modify or create middle tier code, you need to license iAS on a per user basis.
  3. Modify or create db objects, you need a db ee license on a per user basis.

Processor count, socket count is irrelevant - unless you have so few users that an erp solution was a bad idea anyway and user minimums kick in. There is a license document for ebiz. It is draconian imo.

Niall Litchfield

On Jul 16, 2010 6:43 PM, "Vishal Gupta" <vishal_at_vishalgupta.com> wrote:

For licensing on VMs, Oracle insists on licensing for underlying physical machine. So I am afraid you might have to for all physical CPUs even with VM.

Regards,
Vishal

On 16 Jul 2010, at 03:18, "Karl Arao" <karlarao_at_gmail.com> wrote: > Anyone on the list have imple...