Re: How to free inodes in Linux without killing processes

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 12:57:27 +0100

It's also well worth connecting to the db and querying DBA_ENABLED_TRACES (check the view name) and disabling any accidentally left on. Not that I'd ever do that you understand. This doesn't help with all the debug info oracle seems to keep leaving about the place in recent releases

Niall Litchfield

On Jul 14, 2010 11:52 AM, "Tanel Poder" <tanel_at_poderc.com> wrote:

Hi,

You can truncate the file using "*> **file.trc" *that has usually worked for me.

The other option is to delete the file, then connect to the background process which holds the file descriptor open using oradebug and issue an ORADEBUG CLOSE_TRACE *however* I wouldn't connect to critical background processes with oradebug at all, even if you're running simple commands like close trace.

So, truncating the file is a better option...

--

Tanel Poder
http://blog.tanelpoder.com

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 6:32 PM, amonte <ax.mount_at_gmail.com> wrote: > > Hi all > > One of databases...

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Jul 14 2010 - 06:57:27 CDT

Original text of this message