RE: Fwd: 11gR2: More than thousand child cursors for an update

From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge_at_uptime.be>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 07:49:39 +0200

Martin,

I am guessing here, but it could be caused by adaptive cursor sharing going crazy.

Following article gives you some information about adaptive cursor shareing and a couple of views which hold information about it: http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub/articles/oracle-database-11g-top-features/11g-sqlplanmanagement.html

Regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime
Oracle Database Administrator