Re: Speeding up RMAN backup using TDP

From: Stefano Cislaghi <s.cislaghi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 14:15:58 +0200

I've identified some things... despiting some problems network related ... I'm able to see that
  • Max I/O for a single datafile is about 15MB/s per channel, allocating 4 channels I can reach about 80MB/s in reading
  • Previous backup was done using BMC SQL Backtrack that permits to have a 76% of compression and use 'BACKUP AS COPY INCREMENTAL LEVEL = 0'

So I'm sure that BMC SQLBacktrack takes less time to backup as with a better compression level has less data to send to TSM Is not clear why using a single channel I can't reach the same reading performance as four channels... This seems not related to network or local I/O... may TSM be limited in incoming bandwidth?

Ste

--
http://www.stefanocislaghi.eu