Re: Oracle Streams de-supported after 11gr2

From: Steve Baldwin <stbaldwin_at_multiservice.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 09:35:52 +1000

Actually based out of New Zealand ;-)

(Looks interesting btw - thanks)

So what about AQ? If Streams is not being enhanced, presumably that means that at some point it will be 'deprecated'. Does that mean that AQ is also going to be 'deprecated'? We've only just migrated a bunch of code that was using dbms_pipe to use AQ (after moving to RAC). Is there some other technology/mechanism that we should have used instead?

Thanks,

Steve

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 7:29 AM, Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I head something about a technology called dbvisit, by a company based out
> of Australia that is supposed to replicate just about any Oracle database.
> SE/XE/EE.  I have heard its pretty good.  Might be a viable option.
>
> On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 1:57 AM, Martin Bach <development_at_the-playground.de>
> wrote:
>>
>> During the last user group meeting in London a presenter stated that as
>> well. Streams will remain in place, but in a frozen state. A bitytike
>> advanced replication which has been frozen yet available.
>>
>> Martin Bach

This email is intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary, or both. If you receive this email in error please immediately notify the sender and delete the email.