Re: ASM Upgrade from 10.2 to 11.2 erroring with ORA-01034: ORACLE not available

From: De DBA <dedba_at_tpg.com.au>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 21:28:33 +1000

Funny that, I got that same ORA-600 and ORA-15240 error combination last week, when playing around with Dataguard on 10gR2 (newly created test databases).

Dataguard is in "High Availability Mode" (set via Enterprise Manager GC). In my case someone had opened the standby (alter database open), thinking that it was the primary. Redo apply of course stopped. The error started popping up on the primary *after* the standby was closed and mounted and Dataguard started again. Bouncing the primary stopped it, but apart from the message no ill effects were apparent. I did extensively search google and MOS but sould not find a clear explanation.

All on Windows 2003, EMGC is 10gR5, Primary and Standby on different machines, 10.2.0.2.

Cheers,
Tony