Re: Monitoring software

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 17:34:13 +0100

Not meant to be a dig, but if a co doesn't take it seriously one of the following pertains:

Performance isn't important to the business. He isn't a high level exec.
He doesn't understand your report.

I think that's the most likely order. Have you tried asking him why action doesn't happen on the reports, after all they pay you too much to treat you as a garbage generator.

Niall Litchfield

On Jul 2, 2010 5:20 PM, "Sandra Becker" <sbecker6925_at_gmail.com> wrote:

So what do you people do when you've provided either the information and/or tool for developers to see the performance of their code and they refuse to look at it and insist it is up to the DBAs to tune it and make it efficient? I also provide performance information to my VP on a weekly basis and all other high level execs on a quarterly basis but no one except my VP seems to take it seriously. That's the boat I'm in right now and it seems to have a really big hole that is leaking more day by day.

--

Sandy
Transzap, Inc.

--