RE: OCR / VD external vs. normal redundancy using NFS.

From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge_at_uptime.be>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 07:31:38 +0200

I'm usually using the normal redundancy, putting each voting disk / cluster registry in its own volume. You might want to read http://freekdhooge.wordpress.com/2009/11/03/two-oracle-rac-bugs-on-the-wall-two-oracle-bugs-take-one-down/. Because of this "bug" I needed to switch to iscsi for the cluster registry volumes. It is probably still valid with 11gR2

Regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime
Oracle Database Administrator