Oracle 11g Install Question

From: Scott Canaan <>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 15:38:03 -0400

   I'm trying to install on 64-bit Red Hat Linux. In doing the install, I get five pop-up errors stating that the 32-bit libraries can't be built. In checking with the SAs, they told me that we don't need the 32-bit libraries, and that they won't install them, as everything is 64-bit on the server. I've been requested to ensure that the install is "clean", meaning that there were no errors during the install process.

   My question is: Is there any way to tell the Oracle Installer to not try to build the 32-bit libraries so I can get a clean install?

Thank you,

Scott Canaan '88 (<>) (585) 475-7886 - work (585) 339-8659 - cell "Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it." - Tom Lehrer.