Re: Bug 3798351 Importing a pre-existing table may DROP the table on an error

From: De DBA <dedba_at_tpg.com.au>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 10:34:32 +1000

In my experience, Oracle will work with you to recover as soon as possible, but it is your responsibility to use the recovery tools provided.

In other words, you need to make sure that at all times you have a backup that allows you, according to Oracle's specifications, to recover within a timeframe that is acceptable to you. That may mean a cold backup once a fortnight, or flashback database and continuous RMAN backups. It's up to you, but you are basically the architect of your own recovery woes.

Cheers,
Tony