Re: Grid Control installation question

From: William Blanchard <bgblanch_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 09:08:44 -0700 (PDT)

The install doc is at http://www.oracle.com/pls/db102/to_pdf?pathname=install.102/b31288.pdf&remark=portal+(Enterprise+Manager)

Skimming the document, I didn't see anything about install groups.

William Blanchard

On Jun 22, 2010, at 10:03 AM, "Storey, Robert \(DCSO\)" <RStorey_at_DCSO.nashville.org> wrote:

Morning all,

Getting ready to create/install a GC installation and I have a question on user/group creation. From what I read in the documentation, it seems to me that the groups they wanted created (OSDBA, OSOPER) etc, are a unix requirement.

I’m working in windows and the only thing I can find is to use the local administrator account on the box to install the software, but nothing on what user groups are needed.

So, for installing on windows, what groups do I need on the server housing the OMS/OMR. And, do I need these same groups and users on any box where an agent resides?

Thanks