Re: Usefull: Unix commands for Windows

From: De DBA <dedba_at_tpg.com.au>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 09:28:26 +1000

Niall,

I suppose it depends on what you mean by "set of Windows equivalents". When we talk about *NIX tools, we generally think of the command-line toolset, which is pretty standard across *NIXes. I'm not aware of such an admin-oriented standard set of tools in the Windows OS..

I usually use EMACS as editor - although you could use Gnome-Edit or similar, I suppose - and TOra for TOAD replacement.

hth.

Cheers,
TOny