Re: cursor_sharing - similar vs force

From: Mary Elizabeth McNeely <mary_mcneely_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 16:06:44 -0700 (PDT)

When one client moved from EXACT to FORCE, they had ORA-937 errors on queries that used to run fine. The client was using Microsoft's OLEDB driver. Oracle bug 1988231. Ouch.

Mary Elizabeth McNeely

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com> To: adar666_at_inter.net.il
Cc: ORACLE-L <Oracle-L_at_freelists.org> Sent: Thu, June 10, 2010 3:20:07 AM
Subject: Re: cursor_sharing - similar vs force

That certainly used to be true, but more and more vendors are providing somewhat functional methods of modifying either SQL directly or extending their application, for targetted intervention theres often a better method than a system wide hack. Niall Litchfield