Re: change mgmt_view password

From: kathryn axelrod <kat.axe_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 13:55:27 -0700

Thanks Jared.

I could definitely see that in theory - but like all of the quirky schemas (including those in the apps), there are ways to change them. Whether it's using FNDCPASS + modifying files, or having to take a few extra config steps for DBSNMP or SYSMAN - or in this case, using a specific emctl command - they all have a 'how to'...And this 'how to' says - here's how you do it (easy enough) but don't do it unless you absolutely have to!! (But if you do have to, feel free.)

Regardless of what Oracle says, I'm not a fan of leaving any schema with the same password year after year. So I guess my modified question is: has anyone been changing the mgmt_view password (using the instructions of course) and if so, have you encountered any hidden issues?

Thanks,
-kathryn