pdksh on CentOS -5

From: Fernando José Andrade <jotawolf_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 22:36:36 +0200

Hi.

Centos it's not only binary equivalent but also kernel numbering equivalent with RedHat, this is pretty usefull for trying out new feautures on 11gR2 like ACFS and ADVM, which are for now only supported in Rehat Linux (and OEL?).
It's only needed a tweak with the /etc/redhat-release /etc/issue and a file in /temp.

I found this blogposts from Ivan Kartik really usefull in explaining how to tweak Centos for supporting what I mention before.

http://ivan.kartik.sk/index.php?show_article=49 http://ivan.kartik.sk/oracle/install_ora11gR2_elinux.html

And for the packages, they're on the disks. I mainly use Centos for my VMs so I really know.

Regards

FJA On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 7:47 PM, Johan Eriksson <valpis_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 8:30 PM, Ravi Madabhushanam
> <ravi.madabhushanam_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks everyone for you replies.
> > I do understand that CentOS is not supported. But CentOS is the binary
> > equivalent to Oracle.
> More that CentOS is binary equivalent to Red Hat, oracles version I
> think has some differences regarding the Red Hat version.
>
> /johan

Fernando Jose Andrade
http://www.fjandrade.com
M: +0034-649-162-100