Re: ot - laptop for dba

From: John Piwowar <>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 06:33:34 -0700

My understanding is that 3G adoption here in North America has lagged Europe a bit, but I've seen that feature in some laptops/netbooks over here, as well as external 3G modems that plug into a USB port. The major challenge is getting a reliable signal in rural and small-town areas. That's why Kellyn's "wifi campground" use case is such a bonus. :)

John P.

(Strange spelling? iPhone's fault. Strange content? Alas, that's all me)