Re: $ORACLE_HOME without subdirs/version number and what does root.sh exactly

From: <lyallbarbour_at_sanfranmail.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 09:18:48 -0400

it looks to me like your $ORACLE_HOME = $ORACLE_BASE. Not sure how that happened.

root.sh changes file permissions and will set up the oraenv script. I don't believe it ever changed the ORACLE_HOME env var.

I don't know if anyone else can help you, but i'd need more info, if i was going to be more useful. Version of Oracle and O/S would be a start.

Lyall