Re: Licensing for Grid Control with out management packs

From: Ravi Madabhushanam <ravi.madabhushanam_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 01:27:22 +0530

Thanks to everyone for all your valuable inputs.

I do accept with your opinions and feel that custom monitoring is always better than EMGC+DiagPack, provided our intention is only to monitor and receive notifications for alerts. From my past experience custom monitoring will work really well. It only needs some to stabilize the process. We were looking at EMGC only as an option to get more effective monitoring. We did tried couple of monitoring tools and none of them seem to fit our requirements. I think I should drop the thought of EMGC for now and go back to my shell scripts :)

Regards,
Ravi.M