Re: Setting Dependies in Oracle 11gr2 (GI)

From: Martin Bach <development_at_the-playground.de>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 09:31:24 +0100

On 05/24/2010 10:48 AM, Blessing Kamutande wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am running a single node GI and each time the node is reboot, Oracle
> restart (has) tries to bring up the database before the ASM instance is
> up and thus fails! This is on Solaris 10, with 11.2.0.1
>
> How can I make Oracle Restart bring up the ASM instance first?

You need to create the dependency with the ASM disk groups you use. To check if you have set the dependency you use this command:

[oracle_at_server ~]$ srvctl config database -d dev Database unique name: dev
Database name:
Oracle home: /u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1 Oracle user: oracle
Spfile: +DATA/DEV/spfiledev.ora
Domain:
Start options: open
Stop options: immediate
Database role: PRIMARY
Management policy: AUTOMATIC
Disk Groups: DATA
Services:

If nothing is reported under "Disk Groups", use srvctl modify database to add the dependency. Something along the lines of "srvctl modify database -d dbName -a "DATA,FRA" ...

> PS the oracle grid manuals state that Oracle Restart manages the
> dependecied but this is not the case! :-)

It is indeed the case if you use dbca to create the database.

If this doesn't help have a look at the oraagent_oracle logs to see why ASM didn't come up.

Regards,

Martin

--
Martin Bach