Re: Oracle security - Book recommendation

From: William Muriithi <william.muriithi_at_epicadvertising.com>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 12:17:00 -0500

Thanks guys

> Depending upon what you're trying to learn, I found David Litchfield's The Oracle Hacker's Handbook to be one of the most enlightening books on possible exploits for vulnerabilities in Oracle.

Good question, I was looking for a couple of details:

  • Initial setup, precisely how strip all unnecessary schemas, permission. Then add back permission when need arise and only as narrowly as possible
  • RBAC and MAC setup. I am especially interested to see how practical it is to implement RBAC on oracle
  • Auditing

William