Re: Daily partitioning

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 11:17:02 +0100

A few questions
  1. How does data arrive? In a batch load or OLTP?
  2. How much data are you talking about?
  3. what do typical queries look like?
  4. What's the DB version?

You sound as if you *might* be describing a situation suited for 11g's interval partitioning, but it's rather difficult to tell. It's also extremely likely that your maintenance should not be DELETE but ALTER TABLE .. DROP PARTITION
Niall

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA