10g - Sqlnet and redundant oid servers

From: Newman, Christopher <cjnewman_at_uillinois.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 08:56:21 -0500

Hello all,

We recently had an issue where clients were taking 8 minutes to login to the database; the primary OID server (server1 below) was down at the time, the secondary was up. What are your thoughts in terms of them being able to login after 7-8 minutes? Did the secondary pick up, or did they revert to the tnsnames? Where is the failover time configured on the server side? I know we can trace/test, but I'm hoping someone here knows off the top of their head.

Here's a snippet of our config:

Sqlnet.ora:
NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH=(LDAP,TNSNAMES) Ldap.ora
DIRECTORY_SERVERS=(server1:389:636,server2:389:636) DIRECTORY_SERVER_TYPE = OID Thanks- Chris